how many hours do you sleep at night?

e-view

Verified User
Hey everyone,

Just wondering about your life and your sleep... how many hours normaly you spending in your bed? You to there regularly? Always?

Me: how i hate this! :) Since i first saw computer my life is damned. Going to bed at 3am, 5am, 7am, dont sleep at all. Huh. Nice. :)

What about you?

Thank you for replies
:)

Because we offer support and administration services to clients all over the world, our office hours are 6 am to 6 pm, PST.

We do administration work at any hour if required, and we do emergency support work at any hour.

Last night I was in bed at about 11:30 pm when we got an emergency support request, and I worked for an hour and a half on it before going back to bed.

Jeff

Usually I get to bed at midnight at the latest unless something catastrophic happens that I must fix asap.
Usually 6-7 hours of sleep. Wake up 6am regularly.

Which brings up a question, little OT forgive me. Anyone else here into Geocaching || Benchmarking? Ahh, the fresh outdoors.

Linux admins never sleep, were always working hard:)

Only the Bill Gates people sleep, because windows not work, it don't matter how long they try It will crash someday:p ;) ;)

I usually sleep 3 / 5 hours -_- and then i'll go to bed with my tux:p

We usually sleep at least 20 hours per day, maybe spend 1 or 2 hours per day helping customers and the other 2 hours drinking beer. Those of you who receive quick replies are just receiving stuff from an autoresponder. You just haven't caught on. ;)

Mark

LMAO @ Mark :D

I sleep between 4-7 hours most nights. On weekends, I sleep 12-16 hours :D

Matt

haha mark :)

i normally goto bed at 2-3am get up at 8am take a nap from 6:00-6:30 and that's about it.

always tired.....that's the life.

vandal said:
always tired.....that's the life.
It doesn't have to be the life, Van.

And it shouldn't be if you expect this to be your lifelong career without burnout.

You and a lot of other admins would probably benefit from reading one of the biographies of Thomas A. Edison who's credited with inventing the lightbulb, the phonographs, and many other things we take for granted today (though some people think it; he didn't "invent" electricity; electricity is a natural phonomenon).

I've modelled my sleep/wake patterns after his; he took catnaps whenever he was tired but never kept real sleep hours.

Jeff

yeah i catnap all the time, it helps stay focused.

i really can function on 6-7 hours a night no problem

I like sleep :)

I don't get much of it with a young kid around but when I do it's great!

I nap for lunch occasionally, then sleep around midnight.

I'm never up later than 6am.

Last week I made more money in my sleep than when I was awake which has made me very determined to sleep more :)

Rob

I sleep from 11:30pm to 6:00am, usually, sometimes more on the weekends :D . School during the week prevents longer sleeping times. But it's nice having other employees working so I don't have to...all the time at least! :D

If I can sleep: 0:00 till about 8:00.. so 7-8 hours ;) If I had a lot of days work in night time I'll sleep in the weekend about 10 to 12 hours :p

This is my 700 post ;) (so about 1 hour sleep less a day ;) )

Back