Cannot open the password file

jennypenny

Verified User
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a user or reseller problem, so please forgive me if this is the wrong area to put this in.

I created the user "mswcmn" and set-up a pop email account with no problem. I submitted a DNS transfer for the domain and the password for the email account appears to be not working. I logged in to the CP and went to access my pop email account manager, and am getting the following error:

Cannot open the password file to add the user

I also get a similar error when trying to do something else, but I cannot remember where right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Log in through your shell account and figure out (a) if you've run out space on any of your partitions, and (b) if the file exists at all, and (c) whether it's got the right ownership or not.

Jeff

I got the problem figured out. The accounts in my DA reseller panel keep getting automatically suspended. I'm assuming it is because of account quotas, however when I try to set them to unlimited I get this error:

Unable to allocate unlimited Disk Space. This account is not allowed to create that amount
Unable to allocate unlimited Bandwidth. This account is not allowed to create that amount

Help?

This can happen if the " Overselling: Allow Resellers to sell More features than they are allowed." box is not checked in the Administrator Settings page on the admin level.

You can:
1. Check this box and allow resellers to oversell
2. Up the limit for the reseller in question to unlimited so that it won't be overselling.

Jennypenny, if you're a reseller you have to talk to the hosting company who sold you your account. They may or may not be willing to allow you to oversell or raise your limits.

Jeff

Back