Is asp allowed? If so how do I get it working?

javajane

I had to host my asp of site (but I get forced ads) as it doesn't look like 101sitehosting supports ASP. I thought it said they did. If you do, how do I get it going? I have a last # of songs played script on my internet radio site, and I'd really like to host the two asp files here, as I'd get rid of the forced ads.

Thanks.

~JJ

Oh, I just did a search (which I should have done first). Guess can't run ASP here without a whole bunch of hassle. Anyone found an ad free source to host the asp files? I'm using a free host, but there is an ad link at the bottom of my nuke block.

ASP does not come prepackaged by DirectAdmin. You will need to contact your hosting provider to get a solution to this, especially if you don't have aministrative privileges over the server ;)

The ASP solution offered as part of apache is severely limited; we've never been able to get it to do anything except understand a file with a ".asp" extension.

An ASP solution is offered by Sun Microsystems; it's not cheap, and it has a lot of limitations as well; for example it doesn't allow VB script in ASP.

It's unlikely that a hosting company is going to buy and install the Sun solution for one or two clients; ASP is best thought of as a Microsoft solution requiring hosting on an MSWindows server.

"http://www.thefinerplaces.com/" hosts their radio programs elsewhere and links to them through their site. You might want to look at their pages to see what they've done, and contact them to ask how they did it.

Jeff

javajane said:
I had to host my asp of site (but I get forced ads) as it doesn't look like 101sitehosting supports ASP. I thought it said they did. If you do, how do I get it going? I have a last # of songs played script on my internet radio site, and I'd really like to host the two asp files here, as I'd get rid of the forced ads.

Thanks.

~JJ

You can try converting the script to PHP. PHP definitely works on DirectAdmin :)

-John

Back