No glue.....

TeraByte

I guess this is a problem that is often seen, but I've searched all the threads but nothing helped....

This is what I have in DA:

ftp A 83.140.32.153
localhost A 127.0.0.1
mail A 83.140.32.153
ns1.terabyte.se. A 83.140.32.153
ns2.terabyte.se. A 83.140.32.154
pop A 83.140.32.153
terabyte.se. A 83.140.32.153
www A 83.140.32.153
terabyte.se. NS ns1.terabyte.se.
terabyte.se. NS ns2.terabyte.se.
mail MX 10

Stil I got the massage from where at registered my domain:

No glue A record found for ns1.terabyte.se (83.140.32.153).
No glue A record found for ns2.terabyte.se (83.140.32.154).

Is there something I forgot in DA??

DynDNS.org says it best:
A glue record is an A record (quick refresher: A records map hostnames to IPs) that is placed in the same DNS servers as the NS records that handle the delegation. So, for example, the .org servers have glue records for ns.dyndns.org, ns2.dyndns.org, and so, pointing these hostnames to their respective IPs. Glue records are thus very useful... in the right circumstances. The problem, of course, is that the IP in a glue record will generally be used instead of the IP in the appropriate domain's DNS; so, if you have a www.yourdomain.com glue record pointing to 1.2.3.4, and yourdomain.com in Custom DNS with www.yourdomain.com pointing to 4.5.6.7, most DNS queries will return the 1.2.3.4 IP.

One may wonder how glue records are created: this is done through your registrar (for .com/.net/.org domains - registries for other TLDs may have totally different procedures for glue domain creation, maintenance, and deletion), just like the domain registration. (For example, if you want to have a ns.blah.com glue record, you'd need to do it through blah.com's registrar) Your registrar will have an option like "Register Name Server" or "Register Host"; when you fill out that form, they will send the IP that you entered to the VeriSign registry who, in their next DNS update, will add a nice glue record with a three-day TTL to their DNS.
Generally you'd need to get in touch with the registrar where you registered terabyte.se and ask them to register the nameserver or the "host" (see above).

Jeff

thanks for the answer. I did as you suggested before I posted the thread and I got the error, but actually I got a mail from the register one hour ago, that everything is in order. Well it had to be some database update at the internet provider or so, but it works now. Thanks anyway!

Back