champagne! phpMyAdmin 2.6.1 is here!

Euhh Sorry,

I did not upgrade before.....I still work with 2.6.0.Pl1.....

But it is not all the same? It is not OS related right?

Dennis

you can just use that tool dennis it will upgrade you to any version of phpMyAdmin.

you should all update it fixes a security vuln.

i Get This error on phpmyadmin when i login...

The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using multibyte charset. Without mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results.

Don't know what is happening but I have made the upgrade with the known instructions from here, and it seems that I have a problem: http://72.9.228.185/phpMyAdmin-2.6.1/

So I put back the simlink to an older version :)

There is nothing displayed to me in that link, and it's a strange thing I might say!

build php with --mbstring

RayManZ said:
i Get This error on phpmyadmin when i login...

The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using multibyte charset. Without mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results.

To solve this problem you have to compile PHP with --mbstring, you can edit configure.php in the DA customapache dir and add the '--mbstring' option, the file looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
./configure \
--with-apxs \
--with-curl \
--with-curl-dir=/usr/local/lib \
--with-gd \
--with-gd-dir=/usr/local/lib \
--with-gettext \
--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib \
--with-kerberos \
--with-mcrypt \
--with-mhash \
--with-mysql \
--with-pear \
--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib \
--with-xml \
--with-zlib \
--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib \
--with-zip \
--with-openssl \
--enable-bcmath \
--enable-calendar \
--enable-ftp \
--enable-magic-quotes \
--enable-sockets \
--enable-track-vars \
--enable-mbstring

Then run ./build php.

i am upgrading from 2.5.4, can i use the method described in that other topic mentioned above?

Yes, but there is only one phpMyAdmin for all MySQL versions. Maybe it can work without mbstring if you disable all the utf-8 encoding configuration switches..?

ah ok :)

But it doesn't matter anymore cause the solution above worked fine and i didn't have any further problems with me scripts. :)

Back