HowTo Request

BigWil

Verified User
Could someone please point me in the direction of a good howto on how to upgrade to Mysql 4.1.x under a standard DA install?

Also information on how to fix the password problem I keep hearing about would be nice.

And does anyone know of any other problems that will arise such as the db installs created by Installatron? Is anybody successfully using using Installatron under Mysql 4.1.x?

Big Wil

hi Bigwil. what os do you have?

if you are on a redhat/fedora box da just uses the standard mysql. which you can get from www.mysql.com

probably need standard, client, shared rpms for sure.

4.x breaks a lot of php scripts still so it's not really, it's a mysql issue.

it does work fine with php 5 i have hear though.

I work with other freebsd users so much I forget to post that sometimes.

Currently running a mostly standard DA install with some Apache changes on FreeBSD 4.10

Big Wil

Last edited:
As Linux has its RPMs us FreeBSD users have our ports. Now I could install from ports but I am unaware of the ramifications that that will have with DA since DA keeps its install of MySQL under a very non-standard location and keeps the user DBs under yet another. So I don't want to just jump into the port collection and install away.

It would be good to hear how any other FreeBSD users successfully installed MySQL 4.1.x on their systems.

Bonuses:

Were there any problems with the password and timestamp changes in MySQL 4.1?

Should I recompile PHP with the --enable-mbstring to fix other little bugs I have heard about?

Are you an Installatron user using MySQL 4.1.x and did that cause any problems in the database functions that create the DBs during Installatron package installation? How about the scripts that it installs are any of them not MySQL 4.1.x compliant?

Big Wil

Back