form information gets lost

Hakselnorth

Verified User
form POST information gets lost

For some reason information in a form submitted (post) to a PHP or CGI script gets lost; the script (any script and any form) answers that the form did not contained information. I can see it when i change the script temporary to show the variable and it shows as empty.
Scripts that don't require any input like phpinfo.php run fine.

This happens with all account but the admin account. its a new installation of DA).

the server itself runs fine.
checked .htaccess, file ownerships are ok.
could it have to do with the DNS?

I feel already stupid hearing the answer but at the moment i am blind to the answer.

does anybody have any idea??
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi,

Does the return page work on the form (i.e. the thanks for filling our form in page) ?

If you want to post the url I'll take a quick look - or PM it to me and I'll look at it for you :)

Rob

I have checked: different browser, firewall, .htaccess, etc. there is no problem with the admin account but a major problem with all other accounts,.
Can anybody help me here?

After long seach I found the variable register_globals is the cause. It is switched off and older PHP scripts can't handel this.
Solution: forget about that specific script or adapt it. I don't think switching register_globals to on is a good idea.

Last edited:
Back