What's needed for DA to install Remotely ?

thehoundog

Verified User
Greetings,

I have installed and had hardened my CentOS 3.4 OS. I have ordered my DA license after talking with Mark of DA stating my OS was ok to work with.

So I am expecting them to contact me or something when they are ready to do the DA install.

I have not been able to find very good detail for this.

My box is accessible on the net, has an IP (1), and all the updates including grsecurity and other basic hardening.

My question is, what on my box needs to be set how to allow DA to securely access server and update with DA ? :confused:

Thanks for your Input.

Also make sure that DirectAdmin knows that you want it installed on your server, as well as root access through ssh.

Where's DA?

Well it's been about 24 hours since i ordered DA ( $200 / annual ). Before I ordered I monitored their live support link for several days.

In conclusion, they don't [ ever ] answer or activate their live support link. Am I right or what ?

Secondly, I have not heard from them short of their auto responder receipt and I am wondering [ How long ] is long enough before I should go running in another direction ?

I mean I run a business, not sure what they are running, but I have responsibilities and obligations to live up to. Seems they do not.

Please Advise.
thehoundog:confused:

I always get a fast response from [email protected]

Their live support and phone are switched off. I read in a thread somewhere it's because they got too many unrelated support calls.

Try the email address if you haven't already :)

Hope this helps,

Rob

When we ordered DA, our account was active within a few hours. We did the install ourself. (Actually, DA pretty much installs itself, you just have to run the script). Is your account active yet? Login to their site and see what the status is.

Louie

thanks

Yes Sir,

It's activated.

Not sure where to download just yet,
but DA did contact me last night stating they have been busy moving to their new offices. So I should be squared away now. Thanks.

thans again,
Roger:D

Back