PHP Snapshot

Hi John,

I think you can do this by downloading the latest snapshot into /usr/local/directadmin/customapache. For instance, the one I downloaded is named "php4-STABLE-200502022130.tar.gz".

Now cd into /usr/local/directadmin/customapache and type "./build clean".

Next, you need to update the value of the PHP_VER line in /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/build to be "STABLE-200502022130". Then back at the command prompt, type "./build all". If you are prompted to rebuild certain packages, answer yes.

In the end, you will be instructed to restart Apache.

I think that will do it, but please note that I have not tested this procedure, and naturally do not take responsibility for any untoward consequences. :)

Good luck,
Greg

Thanks for the idea, but it does not work:

./build: line 449: cd: php-STABLE-200502030130: No such file or directory
Configuring php-STABLE-200502030130...
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/configure.php: line 3: ./configure: No such file or directory

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure.php file

John

TurtleBay said:
Thanks for the idea, but it does not work:

./build: line 449: cd: php-STABLE-200502030130: No such file or directory
Configuring php-STABLE-200502030130...
/usr/local/directadmin/customapache/configure.php: line 3: ./configure: No such file or directory

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure.php file

John

Hi John,

Do me a favor and run the following command in the same directory where your build script lives:

gzip -c -d php-STABLE-200502030130.tar.gz | tar tvfB - | tail -5

Please post the output back here. You should have a subdirectory named "php-STABLE-200502030130" in your /usr/local/directadmin/customapache directory. It seems like you don't so that's what the script is complaining about. Also run the following command in the same directory and send the output:

ls -lad php*

Thanks,
Greg

OK, I edited the instances of "php-" in the build script to be "php4-" and all worked well.

To anyone trying this, be sure to update Zend Optimizer as well...

John

TurtleBay said:
OK, I edited the instances of "php-" in the build script to be "php4-" and all worked well.

To anyone trying this, be sure to update Zend Optimizer as well...

John

Woops - sorry I missed that, John! Glad you got it working, though.

Regards,
Greg

Back