Verified User
/etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:

Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.20-8) English
Using logfile STDIN (clf)
Creating output in current directory
Hostname for reports is 'my.domain.net'
History file not found...
No valid records found!

Does anyone knows how to fix this ? I'm not familiar with webalizer.

Webalizer error (Was: Re: cron.daily error)

rix said:
/etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:
Rix, you'd probably get a better response if you called this thread "Webalizer error". cron.daily is running fine; it's starting Webalizer, as we can see from your sample code. It's webalizer that's giving you the error.
Creating output in current directory
Hostname for reports is 'my.domain.net'
When attempting to ping "my.domain.net" I get and unknown host response, so I'm presuming you really just used "my.domain.net" as a placeholder rather than tell us the real domain name.

That's probably not a good idea, since there really is a "domain.net" and the owner, Wayne Correia of Incline Village, NV, may decide to set up a "my" subdomain at any time. If he does, then people attempting to help you will be looking at the wrong site.

The names reserved for just this purpose are "example.net", "example.com", and "example.org" :) .

But as a practical matter, by obfuscating the real name of the domain, in many cases you make it harder for anyone to troubleshoot.

The people who read professional help lists used by hosting companies and ISPs generally ignore help requests that don't give the real domain names, though some do write back a terse "We can't help you unless you give us the real domain name" response.

Without a real domain name to reference, it's often hard to help.
History file not found...
No valid records found!

Does anyone knows how to fix this ? I'm not familiar with webalizer.
Presuming a domain name of example.net, and a username of example, check for the existence of:

/home/example/domains/example.net/stats/webalizer.hist

If it doesn't exist, you'll get this error.

Note that if you run webalizer before anyone has visited a new domain this is a normal error.

Have you or anyone else visited this domain? If so, and if there is a history file, and if after 5 am the next morning (server time) you're still seeing the error, then someone (perhaps DirectAdmin Support) needs to take a look at your apache configuration.

Jeff

Hello,
Code:
rm -f /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer
/sbin/service crond restart

We don't use that cron job as it's designed to work for 1 domain (assuiming 1 domain per server, ha!) on /etc/webalizer.conf, which doesn't even exist :)

John

thanks for all the help. I'm sorry about the my.domain.net, i used it to hide my domain. Well I'll keep in mind to use example.net in the future. Its just that the word example dint popped out from my head when im writing the problem. And also sorry for the title, well i know it was webalizer problem but i was refering to the crontab email ;) i guess i present it the other way and people understands it the other way. I'm really sorry and thanks for the advice and help :D

Back