PHP IMAP Configuration Failure

Krizz[DN]

LS. ( greetings to you whoever reads this ;) )

I Need your 2cts on this problem:

At our company we're running a FreeBSD 5.2 server on which we'd like to integrate IMAP support into PHP4.3.10.

We know this can be done by adding ' --with-imap=<path to imap dist>' to the confige.php script in the /usr/local/directadmin/customapache folder.

IMHO It should work fine if IMAP has been installed and the above addition to the configure.php script has been done.

In our case it fails..

here is a snippet of the configure screen where it fails:

------ snip ------
checking for IMAP support... yes, shared
checking for pam_start in -lpam... yes
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking whether SSL libraries are needed for c-client... no
checking whether IMAP works... no
configure: error: build test failed. Please check the config.log for details.
------ snip ------

We made sure that the imap deamon is running on the server, and although it runs, the ./build php script keeps bringing up this error.

Please help us, or if you have an idea asof where the error could be, please tell us.

Thanks

Chris
Systems Admin
Dark Network (www.dark-network.nl)

Have had a few issues with this one while trying to use OSticket.

For reference sake I'll answer in English, but if further assistance is needed, please pm me in Dutch ;)...

The --with-imap setting isn't the location where the imap server resides, it's the location where certain imap client (source) files reside, normally they aren't installed with DA.

I've googled a bit for it, and got it to work fine on a test server within 2 hours, so you just should go to the imap function manual of PHP, there are some instructions about installing wu-imap's client from source.
(note do NEVER, EVER do a 'make install' on it, whatever you do, don't do that).

And about the required header files, they really are needed, so copy them :D
(It took me 3 tries before PHP wanted to configure the way it should, so it can't be that hard).

edit:
Anyone knows the answer ?
You should give people some time to answer :D
Problems like this don't occure to everyone, kicking the topic up again doesn't work with me, I always click 'new posts' and select the ones I know the answer to within 30 sec or I find interesting :D

Back