not mine??

doron

hello!
I have a forum (invision board). today i tried to move my forum from one server to another. I saved my database (sql.gz)' and when i uploaded it in the DirectAdmin controll panel, it said that the DB is not mine!

how can it be and what can I do about it?

thanks! :)

does your host provide you with Direct Admin or do you own the dedicated server yourself?

did you create a new database to hold it before uploading?

can you log in and see the database via PHPMYADMIN?

have you tried restoring with PHPMYADMIN?

Is the username from your old account the same as your new one? If not, then phpMyAdmin is your best bet.

jmstacey,
my new username is differnet from the new one.

the problem is that I didn't find any way to upload a database in PHPMyAdmin.

vandal,
does your host provide you with Direct Admin or do you own the dedicated server yourself?

My host provide the Direct Admin.

did you create a new database to hold it before uploading?

yes and no. with another database a get strange error massage, but without any other database, when I upload mine, the Direct admin tells me that it's not mine.

can you log in and see the database via PHPMYADMIN?

no, the data base is not there, it can't be uploaded.

have you tried restoring with PHPMYADMIN?

as I said before- the problem is that I didn't find any way to upload a database in PHPMyAdmin.

You have to use the phpMyAdmin SQL Query function.

Create your database, username, and password. Then, in phpMyAdmin view the new database which should be empty. Then clicking on sql query, should open a new window where you can upload your database .sql file (as long as it's under 2mb).

You will probably have to extract the DirectAdmin backup file to get the database backup, depending on how you made it.

ok, the databse was created in PHPMyAdmin too.
one more thing...
if my backup is more than 2 MB, what shold I do?

Unless your host has increased the upload size from the default or you are able to ask them to do so (not terribly likely), the next method to attempt is a copy and paste. Open up the .sql file in a text editor, copy and paste the contents into the text box in the same area of phpMyAdmin mentioned above. You may have to copy and paste smaller portions at a time, depending on the size of your local "clipboard". If you attempt to copy the whole of the file at once and it does not all show up when you paste it try copying over pieces at a time instead.

Back