CentOS 4 ?

I've been chomping at the bit, but I'm going to wait until others figure out if there are any errors.

Jeff

I will try to setup DA on a customer's server tomorrow, I had to install centOS 4 on it to have all hardware recognised without messing with kernel patches.

I ll tell you if it works fine.

But it is quite annoying the DA team doesn't gives compatibility feedback faster.
(it is now 20 days CentOS 4 is available, installing and testing should take ~25 mins)

OK, they support RHEL not CentOS but we have no info en RHEL 4 neighter.

netswitch said:
I will try to setup DA on a customer's server tomorrow, I had to install centOS 4 on it to have all hardware recognised without messing with kernel patches.

I ll tell you if it works fine.

But it is quite annoying the DA team doesn't gives compatibility feedback faster.
(it is now 20 days CentOS 4 is available, installing and testing should take ~25 mins)

OK, they support RHEL not CentOS but we have no info en RHEL 4 neighter.

I feel ya
My server is running 3.4 and would like to upgrade to 4

if you can, install 3.4 then install DA. run upgrade to 4

please advise of any problems

I another server running centos 4 with no problems, but like to know 3.4 upgrade to 4 would run into any

Looks like it is working like a charm, no problems encountered during install (after installing gpg keys and disabling the too strict default firewall from centos4)

oops, I have been too fast, it seems ther is a problem with exim's setup and teh package da pop3smtpd

Last edited:
Yes, it is solved now, it was requiring a lib that centos doesn't installs by default.

Installing the proper retrocompatibility package solved the issue.

32 bits, if you read the entire post, you know I insdtalled it just yesterday and had a few small issues

Can I ask how you installed it? Whenever I try, I get errors saying that files aren't found, because it's looking for the RHEL 4.0 directory from DirectAdmin.

Are you referring to the /etc/redhat-release file?

If so, it needs to say 3.3.

Note that this response does not indicate any representation or warranty that upgrading to CentOS 4 will not completely break your server. NoBaloney.Net has NOT yet tried it and makes no representations or warranties concerning the use of RHEL 4.x or any of it's open source compiles with DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Ahh, thank you. We're installing it on a fresh install of CentOS 4, not upgrading it for a customer. The customer is fully aware that it's not officially supported, etc.

Here is what we did and what seems to be running fine :
-Fresh centOS4 installl (custom install with named and developpment tools)
-In order to be able to install DA we needed to dwonload and install the GPG keys
-In order to habe DApopb4smtpd properly set up I had to install a package of libs (don"t remember exactly wich one.. I ll note it at the next install)

- Donwload and install GPG keys? Ths default GPG keys wont work?

Netswitch: What licence did you ordered? RHEL 3.0 ?

I'm willing to try on CentOS 4 too

Last edited:
I am also going to install DA on centos 4.0 this saturday...
But in my license the Operating Systems is RH Enterprise 3.0; is this going to work or do I first have to contact the direct admin support?

Back