[FreeBSD 5.3] da does not recognize services

m.degroot

Hello,

I'm running directadmin on a FreeBSD 5.3 system.
The system does not recognize any running services, but it can restart them.

This causes my system to disconnect my SSH session every minute.

I have disabled the crontab now, but anyone know how to fix it? DirectAdmin probably does not work now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

have had this issue before you have installed the 4.9 version of directadmin on a 5.3 server, you need to change your licence version and reinstall directadmin.

license version?

which one?

Compiled for FreeBSD 4.xx change to 5.3?

or 1.24.3? change to latest one?

You need to ask DA Support ([email protected]) to change the OS / version of your DA License, when you get a confirmation that it has been done I believe you need to reinstall DA (could be that a license refresh would be enough, als John or Mark).

Onno

My license have been change to FreeBSD 5.x, and I have reinstalled DA..
but there is problem with my named, and mysql..

now mysql down, and I cannot restart it.
Using /usr/local/etc/rc.d restart, it giving this error,
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libcrypt.so.2: Undefined symbol "_CurrentRuneLocale"
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libcrypt.so.2: Undefined symbol "_CurrentRuneLocale"

My named also giving errors.
named[19937]: none:0: open: /etc/namedb/rndc.key: file not found
named[19937]: couldn't add command channel 127.0.0.1#953: file not found
named[19937]: none:0: open: /etc/namedb/rndc.key: file not found
named[19937]: couldn't add command channel ::1#953: file not found

Whats the problem? Do DA not compatible with FreeBSD 5.4?

I'm using FreeBSD 5.4

pannz answer this please?

was your original license for freebsd 4.8 or freebsd 5.1?

if so I would guess your problems have carried on since you were probably just overwriting the old install of DA thus not fully installing the new one. Ideally you should reinstall the os and install DA again or if you know how wipe all the old components of DA and reinstall that, but be careful not to delete needed components for the os and sshd.

ya, that is my situation..

my new server is using FreeBSD 5.4... When I first installed DA, my DA license is for 4.11.. Then I ask for changes in the license to 5.x, then I just install DA again, overwrite the previous installation..

I planned to reinstall FreeBSD 4.11 and reinstall DA.. I have request to change my DA license to FreeBSD 4.x..

I think this is the best solutions for me, i have experienced using FreeBSD 4.11..

Back