migrating files between servers

tamuenz

Verified User
Hi All,

I am attempting to migrate an entire client from one DA server to another. I have tried using the backup features and managed to successfully back files up, but I can't seem to get the other server to upload those backups. I also tried to download my backed up files to my local machine with no success.

I need someone kind enough to give me STEP by STEP directions on moving a user account from one DA server to another.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide this.

Sounds like you are on the right track. What is the error message when trying to upload?

Basically You make the backup from reseller level and restore on the 2nd server.

Have you tried download the file to your local maching (instead of upload) and then upload to the 2nd machine over ftp or sftp?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. There is no error message. Basically, I can create a backup of the files from the original server no problem. But, when I try to go to the other server and upload the files, it simply doesn't see them. I have tried every option on the backup manager has and no luck. The backup file is on the original server and I believe I am entering the correct path but still no luck.

You also suggested downloading the files and uploading them via FTP. The account has about 2 Gigs worth of stuff - not something that you just download easily - but I tried anyway and it took like 3 hours and about 30% of the files are missing. I think the FTP transfer is timing out or something. Anyway, this approach seems like the long solution to the problem when there is alreadt a backup file existing on the original server. I just can't figure out how to get the friggin' thing to load to the new server!

Can anybody help PLEASE?

Thanks in advance.

Exactly how big is the tar file you're attempting to restore?

Lots of linux-based programs still have a 2GB file size limit.

Your first issue may have been a timeout issue trying to do everything through http.

Your second issue may be corrupted files over or at the 2GB limit.

Worth checking into, anyway.

Jeff

After it backs up the files on DA they are about 1.1 Gig, but prior to backup everything is well over 2 Gigs.

If any single file is at exactly 2 gigs, that could be causing a problem.

Jeff

Back