PHP Cron Editing

syphic

I have been doing some research and was trying to see if there is a way I could edit the cron file for directadmin with php and automaticly edit and update the cron file through my own admin panel.

Basicly, the reason I need this is because I am building a game and would rather the cron be added in when I create the game files within my admin. By doing this I dont have to add/edit a cron everytime I make a change within my admin. Also, to cancel the cron when the game is over. The scripting to add the cron to a file, edit, and delete is already built. The problem is figuring out how to edit the already created crontab file by directadmin.

A possible thought would be just to disregard directadmin's and create my own one directory under public_html.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Syphic

Ideas are still welcome for the actual question but problem basicly solved.

Nevermind. After thoroughly considering my options I figured out all I have to do is write one script which runs every minute and then make it check to see if what i want needs to run now or wait another etc amount of mins until its turn to run.

Doing it this way might be less effecient but theres always aways around that.

Syphic

Back