Great Billing System

soirambo

Verified User
Hey all, I am just here to downplay some of the bad talk about clientexec. It is in fact a good control panel. I recently bought it and have yet to find any problems with it. I am using the following software...

Redhat Linux 9.0 (latest kernel) - FREE
DirectAdmin (directadmin.com) - $200/year
Installatron (installatron.com) - $60/year
Clientexec (clientexec.com) - $99 - Lifetime ($50 if you own a previous billing system which I did)

For a total of $309 ($359 if you don't have a billing system already) I have everything I will need for my webhosting company (not including my server and rack fees). The setup for all of these programs is very nice and easy. I was setup with all of these in a matter of 2 days.

This combination gives you the power to have clients order, pay, and you activate them and they are put into the DirectAdmin system by the Billing system (Clientexec). I have heard bad things on this forum about Clientexec (which works with many popular gateways). I am just here to clear up any confusion about that. The support is about a 9/10 and the software is a 9.5/10. There was recently support for DirectAdmin added to the beta release of the panel. Instead of actually using an unstable release I decided to extract just the necessary files to use it with DirectAdmin and it seems to be just fine. If you are reading bad things it is for one of a few reasons...

1) They were an impatient person who did not pay attension to what they were doing.
2) They did not seek help in the proper places and made the install a hastle.
3) They did not bother to take the time and look at the features.
4) They did/do not realize the capability of the software. It does everything modernbill does and then some, I used to use modernbill and paid twice as much and it gave me problems from day 1.

Now, I am not looking down on anyone who did not like the software, simply stating that it does everything the other billing systems around do, give or take a small feature here or there, but it makes up for it with features the other ones don't have. Everyone has their own opinion I just felt that it would be nice to post this up so that people don't overlook a cheap, good looking, and very functional billingsystem along with the other software above I posted. Well, good luck starting your company or switching your software over. Just remember to be patient and to really make sure you know what you are doing before you hack your system up, talk to as many people as you can to make sure you are doing all of this correct. Have a good one.

-Mike

For any product there are people who like it and people who can't stand it.

I just checked the ClientExec website and I still can't find where it says it works with DirectAdmin.

For me?

Well I have specific needs. If any billing program matches these needs, I'm interested:

a) it included automatic provisioning both of original sites, additional features, changes, plan changes, etc.

b) it stored CC information in a manner that was consistent with the new rules
set forth by MasterCard.

c) it automatically did recurrent billing itself, not using the recurrent
billing option built in to any payment processor.

d) it handled extra charges for bandwidth (transit) disk space, etc.

e) it allowed me to add fixed one time miscellaneous charges up to the day
before the auto billing took place, so the recurrent billing and any extra
one-time charges would be included in the same charge ticket.f) it allowed me to
set up clients, and bill clients, in addition to webhosting clients.

g) it allowed me to bill clients on dates other than their preconfigured billing
dates.

h) it had a complete web interface for my users to use to look at their account,
billing, open invoices, etc.

i) it sent invoices automatically and could be configured for monthly,
two-monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual billing

j) it could work with the particular payment processor I use, which happens to
be Blue Pay.

I know it's a long list.

And I suppose other people would have as long a list.

Jeff

true

True, and I agree. I simply stated for someone starting a business or looking for find new software this stuff does a reasonable job. I used to use Cpanel and ModernBill, I hated it. I have this new stuff, and I like it, still setting some things up but it seems to be some really nice software, loads fast on the user interface and admin interfaces and its just really good and simple, it doesn't overload the user with to much. Yet it has the features of the software I had before.

And yes it does work with DA, in the beta release, only clients can download it.

But, I was just pointing out some nice things to new users or users seeking change, take it or leave it, your call.

Might be helpful to tell us what you use with some prices and websites for other people and myself. Is there software that will do that for you for the prices I stated for mine? Not all people have the budget either. Please post the prices of your software, I am very interested. Thanks for the nice reply Jeff.

As I've stated before, we still bill manually.

I'm still undecided. One of these days I'll send that spec of mine to all the billing software providers and see who responds.

Jeff

sounds good

Sounds awsome, please start a new thread here with the spec sheet when and if someone meets your needs. Thanks Jeff.

Mike

i use clientexec, works great so far

little bugs on the side by side w/ DA but there working on it

clientexec works w/ DA but still in beta

I also got it for $50 bucks :)

ya

ya i got it for $50 too, it works awsome, and just to let you know 2.3 (which is a stable release with directadmin), is being released soon....

The following is a support ticker I submitted...

"We will post the announcement in our forum. The best method is to subscribe to that forum so you get an email when it is released.
I have no definite time-frame, but I had heard mention it might be today."

So you can expect the new version with DA stable sometime very soon, maybe even today.

http://clientexec.com/forums

thank

Oh ya sorry, thanks for the correction....

This should be a really nice release.

Back