directadmin xp error

gunit

Verified User
hi

im new in this. I try to upload the skin directadmin xp in the reseller mode and when i click upload when finish the directadmin tell me this:

Error Installing Skin

Details

Error untarring the archive: gzip: stdin has more than one entry--rest ignored /bin/tar: Child returned status 2 /bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
The skin package did not install properly. Either there were files missing, or their permissions were incorrectly set.

What i have to do?????

I don't think you will find many familiar with this skin. Who created the skin?

Yeah I just caught it. Not to be a smart alek but why would you want to rely on a third party skin that is essentially the same as enhanced skin with different colors? Is there something more to this skin then a different color and header graphic, just curious. I ask because I have yet to see what I consider a legitimate third party skin for DA. People seem to make a skin and do not update them.

Updating skins can easily become a fulltime job for as fastmoving a product as DirectAdmin.

There are good and bad points to having such a fastmoving product.

I'm hoping DA will settle down to a slower update pace soon.

Meanwhile if there are any skin programmers out there who want to turn their skins into a commercial supported product, please let me know.

Jeff

Well that is just it. A commercially supported product is the key as the skin developer must be accountable for changes. Forunately the DA enhanced skin is very good, just needs a few tweaks. While DA updates often, I have noticed that the skins don't always change with each update and when they do, they generally don't seem difficult to implement. I believe DA has been slowing down, there really hasn't been anything major in the last few releases(not skinwise at least). Just look at this month's update:) What I would like to see a commercial developer that supports a handful of major languages.

That leaves us out; we only have available expertise in three languages. And we're not willing to hire people to write in other languages just to see if anyone will buy the skins.

Nor are we willing to use volunteer help to do skin translations; we already know that that leads to lack of support.

Jeff

Well I tend to agree with you. There doesn't seem to be enough interest willing to pay I should say. I once inquired to rvskin that makes a highly functional cpanel skin to see if they had any interest. However, they did not as cpanel gives them more clients then they can probably handle. Good product though. Basically the more demand for DA the more demand there will be for add-ons.

Back