Really Need help - Charset

Dom

Verified User
hello there,

i have a lil' problem with my dedicated server and would like to know what can i do to resolve it.

The charsets wont appear when i post a message or a sql request on a forum or any ""software"" using php and mysql. Well that's ok if it's in a plain HTML format.

example:

test tèst tést tééest t�_st tást tìst tôst tòst tóst t�_st (well, the é and è and ì are okay)

specials characters appears like this in phpbb:

test tïÔt tñÔt tòëest tßÔt táÔt t÷Ôt t

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Freebsd 5.21
Directadmin 1.23.4
Apache 1.3.33
Php 4.3.10
MySQL 4.1.10

(It's in french...)

Last edited:
Dom,

Please refrain from making duplicate posts.

I've deleted all the duplicates, leaving in this one.

If you feel the post belongs under a different category, then please let me know and I'll move it to the category you think is best.

Thanks.

Jeff

Okay,

i'm really sorry about this, i'm looking for help about 1 week and i really need to get help.

If you could help me i'll be very happy, thanks!

Perhaps I was wrong to move the post to the FreeBSD forum; perhaps it should be in the MySQL / PHP forum.

This forum has the same problem, and I've brought it up in the past.

It's probably got something to do with the fact that the forum headers are reporting an English-language character set.

I'd recommend asking at the support forum for the forum software you're using; I'd think there must be other French users of the software, some of whom may have figured it out.

I don't think it's a FreeBSD issue; I'm moving the post to the MySQL / PHP forum.

Jeff

Well, we tried everything.

Changing the default charset of mysql, php, apache...

it doesn't affect. of course, for 30 secs!

we tried to recompile php,mysql, and apache and it doesn't change everything yet.

thx

Back