When will DirectAdmin support CentOS-3.4 officially?

Eric

Verified User
I'm getting a new server with CentOS-3.4, and my vender won't offer DA as the control panel until it officially supports the OS.

I have no doubts that it works; but when will DA announce it?

There's no reason for anyone to announce anything for RHEL, WBEL, or CentOS 3.4, as it's the same base OS as 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, and 3.0.

This may very well be the only response you'll get, and though it's unofficial, it's good enough for a lot of us:
On March 14, 2005, at 18:53 -0800, Jeff Lasman (jlasman) wrote
Minor numbers of Releases of RHEL, of WBEL, and of CentOS do not indicate any changes to the core OS. Any program, including DirectAdmin, should continue to run properly.

If you automate yum update on your WBEL or CentOS based system, or RHN on your RHEL system, it will automatically update itself to and past the latest issued revision level.

The only purpose of a minor revision number in RHEL, WBEL, and/or CentOS, is to create new baseline distributions so less updating is required.
On the other hand, I can offer no such assurances about Centos 4.

Jeff

Curious to know about CentOS myself. At the moment the best I can do is have 3.4 installed with DA and upgrade to 4 via yum but regardless I'd certainly like to see DA for v4 soon.

Chrysalis said:
why not just try it and see, chances are it will just work.

I don't have the luxury of taking chances like that on production systems. It would be nice to be able to set up test systems however the install program requires a valid license making testing somewhat difficult

yeah thats true, then the logical step would be sending an email to john and asking for a licence to enable you to help test on the new operating system, see what happens. But I wouldnt expect many issues cropping up I think centos 4 is the same core operating system but just newer libs compilers etc.

nuclear said:
I don't have the luxury of taking chances like that on production systems. It would be nice to be able to set up test systems however the install program requires a valid license making testing somewhat difficult
Contact me by email for access to a testbed server.

Jeff

Back