Email Connection Problem

mmsitech

Verified User
I can't receive mail from any email accounts. I can send them fine. But when I reply to them to see if it can receive, I get nothing. Not even any errors. Is there an error log somewhere I can read???

I also created a catch all to an external account "[email protected]" to make sure the server was talking.

Then I sent an email to "[email protected]" and it was routed to the catchall just fine. So the machine is communicating and processing the mail, I can't can't access it'

From reading the other posts... I also stopped iptables and restarted exim.

anyone have any other ideas???

server is nitto1320updates.com/63.161.166.80 (This IP is different from my main server IP that I installed DA with... Does this matter?)

Hello,

Hard to say for sure what's going on...
You can check the logs:

for exim:
/var/log/exim/mainlog

for vm-pop3d:
/var/log/maillog
/var/log/messages

But if no error messages are being generated, I think it might be a simple issue of a forwarder or catch-all being setup incorrectly, or a typo?... It might be somthing more complicated, but I can't really say.

If you want me to have a look, send your root info, as well as the email address you are referring to.

John

Hello,

FYI for anyone else, the directory /var/spool/virtual/nitto1320updates.com didn't exist, so exim wasn't able to send the mail there.

John

Back