pass test

works

for second accaunt
ftp ftp.domain.nl
login support / also tryed [email protected]
pass test

Connecting to ftp.domain.nl
Connected to ftp.domain.nl -> IP=217.67.***.** PORT=21
220 localhost.localdomain NcFTPd Server (licensed copy) ready.
USER support
331 User support okay, need password.
PASS (hidden)
530 Login incorrect.
Connection failed

what do i do wrong ?

Hello,

There are many reaonsons why you might not able to login.

1) you might be using the wrong ip. Named based hosting uses 1 password file for all shared domains on all shared ip. If you are using IP based hosting, you'll have your own ip, and only you can use it (nobody else has accounts on that ip), but you cannot use any other ips.

2) check the password. Many times people just make typos or forget that they changed it. Always try resetting the password right off the bat to eliminate that possibility.

3) file permissions. Make sure that the public_ftp directory is readable by your user. Private ftp accounts do not require world readable acccess, but to require it to be at *least* chmod 700 ( drwx------ ) .. you can use 755 just for testing purposes to weed out that possibility.

4) check the proftpd logs to see if there is anything useful. /var/log/proftpd/*

5) the only thing left that could go wrong is the location of the passwd file. If you are using IP based hosting, but the /etc/proftpd.vhosts.conf is pointing the passwd file for that IP to the shared /etc/proftpd.passwd one, (or vice versa), this would also cause the problem. You might have to manually correct it if it was messed up.

John

Back