Anti Virus

jasonyates

Verified User
Hello,

Does DA have a script where by i can install a Anti Virus program for E-mail & the server?

Jason

I dont think so, you would need to install software like this yourself.

ok,

I followed the tutorial for ClamAV but it diddnt work properly, it diddnt move the mails and wouldnt restart exim properly.

I think so.

Another Question tottally off this topic,

Is it possible to move the webmail from var/www/html/webmail/ to var/www/webmail/mail1/ without any problems so that i can install another WebMail Client next to the current one in dir mail2/

Jason

jasonyates said:
I think so.

Another Question tottally off this topic,

Is it possible to move the webmail from var/www/html/webmail/ to var/www/webmail/mail1/ without any problems so that i can install another WebMail Client next to the current one in dir mail2/

Jason

try it :)

from root:

mv /var/www/html/webmail /var/www/html/webmail1/

then install your new one in the old position:

/var/www/html/webmail

you can access the old one here:

IP/webmail1

and the new one:

IP/webmail

any problems with da:

rm -rf /var/www/html/webmail

mv /var/www/html/webmail1/ /var/www/html/webmail

Chris

theres probably just an alias somewhere in each sites config to allow the /webmail/ section directing to the IP for each url..... if you have lots of sites it could be a task to do, otherwise just check the configs, it should be there somewhere :)

Chris

I am acutally aiming to do a cPanel type webmail thing where u can choose what client to check ur mail with.

Hello,

The aliases are in the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf near the bottom. Using 1 alias for all domains will save you a lot of typing :)

Note* We're planning on adding SquirrelMail once we get IMAP done. (This is the reason there arn't any other email clients yet)

John

Ahh done that..it works fine.

But if i change the webmail directories etc wont it affect my DA updates in the future?

Jason

Hello,

I can't say for sure. Since we will be making changes when squirrelmail comes along, I'm not sure what effect our changes will have over yours. (Make backups :))

John

I think i will just wait till squirrel mail comes along.

Do u have an ETA on it yet?

I think you should have a page where we can view the status of changes to DA and their ETA etc... Any chance of one?

think thats what he means, just with info about the estimated release would also be good :)

Hello,

You can view the estimated release for things by clicking the "all versions" button at the bottom. It will show all previous versions, as well as the upcoming changes. The link Prohacker provided is the page that shows the upcoming releases.

John

Back