ClickCartPro

langdell

Verified User
I have purchased ClickCartPro for my web space. However upon uploading it to my space I have encountered a problem. This software is mainly written in perl - .cgi. I am getting a forbidden no permission to access file error message. I have tried other cgi script and I get the same message. I have set the permissions at 755.

There is not enough info on what you have given to provide a solution but you may want to give this a try.

I suspect that the problem is that one or more files does not have the right permission set.

Keep in mind that some server requires you to set the permission on the FOLDER as well and not just the file.

When things go wrong when I install scripts, the first thing that I do is set the permission on all key FILES and FOLDERS to 777 or full permission. This way if it works then the application installation is fine. Just make sure that you bring down the permission to the propper level required for security. You may also find which file or folder is creating this problem in this process.

Happy debugging!

THe software works fine on the other server

I have tried the software on another server and it works great.

Silly point!, although make sure the files are in the CGI directory!

try a basic perl / cgi script in the cgi-bin to confirm it works.

If that also fails, try it on a spare account as the cgi may not be setup on the site for any particular reason

the last point made me think, make sure you have CGI / scripting enabled in DA for the account :)

Chris

Last edited:
Hello,

Just thought I'd mention that suexec won't run scripts unless the cgi-bin and files are 755'ed. If they are 777, suexec sees this as a security risk and won't run them.

John

Back