FTP backup error

gate2vn

Verified User
I am using FTP backups to a remote server. Set the correct IP, username/password, but it always returns

User xxx has been backed up.
Error while uploading xxx.tar.gz

I have tried to upload to 2 difference servers, but the same error. Does anyone have idea? I am running DA 1.23.5

thanks

Are you blocking ftp with your firewall?

You should try ftping to the backup server from your hosting server, while logged in through ssh.

Then you can see any errors.

Jeff

actually I can ftp to remote server in ssh from hosting server, but backup in DA always returns error :(

Then the problem is most likely in the password, url, etc., coded into the backup program. Check those first.

Also check to make sure the ftp program required by the backup system is installed on the server.

If you're a reseller and not an admin you may need to get your hosting company involved.

Jeff

I am admin of both servers. It worked before, but for any reason, it stops now, just returns the error.

The remote server is running cPanel with Pure-FTPD. I have checked the IP, username/password, but nothing changes. Just error messages

Is there anything wrong in code of new DA (1.23.5)?

We don't do reseller level backups, but we do sysbk (admin-level) backups. And they do work fine for us.

CentOS 3.3, up to date.

Jeff

But if you are using sysbk, if you want to restore data for one account, you will need to extract from a big file, extract mysql databases, then restore manually? I will need it backup each account, including files and databases, emails inside. Is there any way to do it in sysbk?

thanks

Actually yes; sysbk does NOT create one monolithic file, but lots of smaller ones.

But sysbk does not have and may never have a restore function. I don't recommend you use sysbk for what you're doing if it doesn't work for you.

I simply wrote what is working for us.

Jeff

Back