how do I restore a user ftp tree the easy way?

sHuKKo

Verified User
Hi
Some of my newbie "stupid" :) users tend to delete everything from their account ftp tree when they first login.
Or they usually upload web sites to some weird directories and delete default ~public_html or domains directory.
I get 2 or 3 support tickets a week for these kind of user mistakes.
I usually backup everything and then delete and recreate these kind of accounts. But it takes lot of time to restore all the mail data etc.
Is there an easy way to restore the default ftp tree without deleting and recreating the whole account?

Hello,

Hmm... that sounds like a handy feature.. a "fix account tree" button that will ensure that all directories exist, and are set to the proper permission.... But there isn't a feature like at the momment, so it can be looked into :)

John

Perhaps you could inform your users not to delete the ftp tree? If you get 2-3 support tickets a week you might include it in your account creation mail.

Any progress on this?

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

Hmm... that sounds like a handy feature.. a "fix account tree" button that will ensure that all directories exist, and are set to the proper permission.... But there isn't a feature like at the momment, so it can be looked into :)

John

Back