License renewal

mattijs

Verified User
Hello, I have allready emailed support and sales @directadmin.com, but am getting no reply for more than 24 hours now, so maybe someone on the forum can help out.

We have moved our two servers with direct admin on them to a new location. Both machines have been given a new ip adress.

Followed the instructions for renewing the license, for the license is bound to the ip adress.

Received an email from sales@directadmin on how to do this.

But, the renew procedure does not work.
I get the message:

You are not authorized to download the license with that client id and license id (and/or ip). Please email [email protected]

So I did contact [email protected] again,
but I did not get a reply for more than 24 hours.

Meanwhile directadmin is down on 2 servers,
and my customers keep calling me.

How can I explain to them that it takes more than 2 days to renew a license on the server?

This is very bad for my credibility / reputation.

Live chat on the DA contact page seems to be offline all the time, I have checked every half hour for the past 24 hours.

Telephone number is stated to be reachable during office hours, this is not true, I have checked this every half hour during business hours (yes, I did think of the time difference).

I am desperate.

Anyone know how I can get DA up and running again,
or how I can get e reply from DA?

If this much longer, I will be losing customers,
that I have worked so hard for.

:( :(

This is why you should Always plan ahead appropriately as well as have a backup plan ;)

Searching the forums you would have discovered that live chat hasn't actually been online in a year or so now (at least from what I can tell) and phone support is no longer officially supported because DirectAdmin kept getting non-support related calls or something near that. Why they haven't modified the website to reflect the changes, who knows.

Is your new license verified and active? You will need to check through the Client section ;)
https://www.directadmin.com/clients/

It will need to be in order to work.
Other than that your sure your license/IP combination is correct?

Matjjis, has this been resolved yet?

If not, notify me privately.

Jeff

Back