error message help

slidehammer

Verified User
Either your request was invalid or the program hasn't completed your request.
Please notify the server admin

the above is an error message i recieved after tranferring my files via frontpage into the public.htlm the files were published then i went to the control panel to view them and the above message was what i got

please could you tell me the reason, because I am trying to get to know how to use the new panel and hope i havnt done anything wrong

thanks
karen

Hello,

This means it timed out. How big is the file you are downloading.. and how fast is your connection? Also.. what is the filename.. does it include any odd characters?

John

when you say odd charactors I am not sure what you mean!

my whole site is odd!!

no seriously the files are my site files which are around 4mg
I am using a cable connection so its faster than usual.

today however I can access the package I created which is the one with the above problem, but it will no longer let me access the reseller unit with my main password mmmhhh!

I didnt have to set up the old control panels that we were using someone did that for me I should of watched more closely!
unfortunately they are no longer here so I have to do it myself this time I am worried because I dont want to mess this up

i think the term "odd" refers to the following characters

!"£$%^&*(){}[]:;@'#~|?></,\

You will need to wait for support to answer your other questions ;)

Chris

I have now been able to access the panel and delted the account and started again, I uploaded the index page and its there, but when I try to upload via frontpage it says its uploaded it,but its not there.

when I try to use http:// it says frontpage is not enabled but it is cause i enabled it.

I think I must be doing something wrong (der!!!) do I use

ftp://e.securesite.com/www.the-hammerheads.co.uk/public.html

and if so wheres it gone then?

re frontpage

hello thanks for the rply but I have tried all that, one thing though the site is still up with the old control panel, is this a problem and if so what do I do to solve it?

1 do I just delete it out or just leave it

just noticed something

I have transferred the files over into what I thought was the new control panel, but just norticed they have all gone into the old one!

how can that be?

at least I have found them though, which of course is handy!

how do I stop this from happening or am i not supposed to be using it yet?

thanks
Karen

Back