Reseller with DNS can't create sites

Brian S

Verified User
Okey dokey, I created a reseller with his own DNS nameservers. I allocated 2 IPs to the reseller account for the two nameservers.

He was able to create one account, however, he no longer able to create another domain account becuase when adding his package, it is not showing any IPs as being available. It's like it is trying to assign an IP for every account it creates. Why isn't it using the shared server IP for creating accounts?

Please see the attached pic:

Attachments

• delete.gif
    delete.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 286
You might just reverify that the IP's are assigned to that reseller from the admin level, then going to IP Management under that reseller check the boxes next to the IP(s) you want to share and click the Share Selected button.

You might also temporarily enable the reseller to use the server's shared IP address just to make sure something else isn't wrong so no IP's are showing up at all.

It says both IPs are owned by the reseller.

And there is no way to edit the shared option in the reseller's data (once the reseller account has been created), but I manually changed it to "shared=YES" in his reseller.conf file in /usr/local/directadmin. Still won't show any IPs as being available in that dropdown box. Any other clues?

Thanks,

Brian

If it's possible, try deleting the resellers users and the reseller himself and recreate the reseller, sharing the IP's before creating users on them.

Got it working again. I just modified the user account settings to use the server IP, manually edited the
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/thisusername/user.conf to assign his owned IP back to the account, and it's working again. Go figure.

Thanks,

Brian

Back