dns on shared ip wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubrud

Verified User
when i add a user under a resselleraccount with shared ip i always get this IP is shared and can be fixed by typing adress but its that i do.
i came i bit furter because noe www.domain.com showns to the rigth place but if i only use domain.com without www. its still show shared ip webpages.
i have no problem with dedicated IP then both work fine

It's impossible to help you trouble shoot this without knowing a bit more.

For information on why it's not a good idea to obscure your DNS data from those you'd like to get help from, see:Don't Obscure your DNS Data.

Jeff

Did you read the link I took the trouble to post?

It should make the reply to your question obvious.

You're the umpteenth person to claim ownership for domain.com, and doing a whois on it shows you don't own it.

Without knowing what you're really looking for, it's impossible to help you.

Jeff

domain.com was just an example. the issue was dns issue on shared ip when www. work and without the www doesnt.
i tried to add my domain under one reselleraccount on my server and used the shared ip that account have . when i type my adress with www prefiks it did work and when i didnt type the www prefiks it only show the pahe that this ip is shared with others.
why didnt it work without www when it work with the www prefix.
i doenst have this problem with owned ipadresses.

And you still haven't told us the domain.

Which means it's impossible to help you.

I can run every test in the world on domain.com, but it won't tell me a thing about your server.

That's my point.

Jeff

just forget it. my domain doesnt matter . why cant you help me without it? give me one good reasons. i placed the domain with owned ip now.
only question i have what could be wrong when www do work and without www it doesnt, why do you need my domain? i placed it under a owned ip now but migth add a reseller with a shared ip so i just want to know what could be wrong. is that so hard to understand? it looks so.
but nevermind, ill find other placed to get some answers with people who known what people talking about and not like here.
BYE BYE and thanks for NOTHING.

(oh my good,when a moderator doesnt understand domain.com was exampledomain and start nagging about that.and i tell its an example i tell them again about the problem they keep nagging about my domain which is on owned ip now so they dont need it, and they say they cant help me, a moderator on a CP forum that can help and tell som general issue about this kind of problem and still nagging about domain.okay stubrud, lets find a forum where they know what they knows about things they taling about):mad: :mad: :mad:

stubrud said:
just forget it. my domain doesnt matter .[/quote
If you'd read and considered the page I pointed to you'd see why I think it matters.
why cant you help me without it? give me one good reasons.
Sure...

Because the first step to take in checking is to see which IP#s are pointed to by the domain, both with and without the "www", and then to see what the browser finds when the IP# alone is accessed.
i placed the domain with owned ip now.
only question i have what could be wrong when www do work and without www it doesnt, why do you need my domain?
To run some perfectly good tests that will help us determine why it doesn't work.

Perhaps you think I'm a magician, and I can see your DNS configuration by some magic means. I can't.
i placed it under a owned ip now but migth add a reseller with a shared ip so i just want to know what could be wrong. is that so hard to understand? it looks so.
No, it's not hard to understand at all. It is hard to understand what might, out of the perhaps thousands of points of failure that could exist, why your DNS is broken, especially considering that no one else has seen fit to post that they have had a similar situation.
but nevermind, ill find other placed to get some answers with people who known what people talking about and not like here.
BYE BYE and thanks for NOTHING.
You might try either the BIND newsgroup at comp.protocols.dns.bind or the Bind Users mailing list you can find at isc.org.

Those are the guys who wrote BIND, and they can give you more definitive answers.

Of course they're the same folk who posted the link I posted in my first reply.
(oh my good,when a moderator doesnt understand domain.com was exampledomain and start nagging about that.and i tell its an example i tell them again about the problem they keep nagging about my domain which is on owned ip now so they dont need it, and they say they cant help me, a moderator on a CP forum that can help and tell som general issue about this kind of problem and still nagging about domain.okay stubrud, lets find a forum where they know what they knows about things they taling about)
If I didn't know that example.com was meant as a way for you to hide your domain, how would I have known to point you to a page that explained why I couldn't help you unless you let me know your domain?

I do hope you find the help you need, because I certainly can't help you without knowing what to diagnose. And it appears that no one else has chimed in here to help you either, perhaps for the same reason.

Perhaps you believe that we're paid to be here to help you, and that it's our job, so we must overcome all obstacles.

But no, that's not the case at all. What's true is that we volunteer our time here. Not just me, but each and every one of us. This is a volunteer self-help forum. If you don't want to give us the information we need to help you, then we can't. It's that simple.

Jeff

i know that youre not paid.
the shared ip is removd so problem solved!! not from help here.
both with and without resolved to same shared ip. pinged to same ip adress, but with www it directed to xxxxxxxx.com (ITS AN EXAMPLEdomain!!!!!!!! <---see this?????) homepage but without it only showed this ip is shared etc.

And if you do a whois search, you'll see that xxxxxxxx.com is owned by Damian Macafee of the UK.

The proper way to indicate an example domain is example.com, example.net, or example.org, as these domains have been reserved by IANA specifically for the purpose.

Thread closed.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back