Change Admin Email?

AtomicRax

Verified User
How can I change an admin's email address without having to create a new admin?

Hello,

Remember that an admin is an extention of a User, so you'd go:

User Panel -> Stat / Logs -> enter your new email and click save.

Note that there is also an email which can be changed in the messaging system (top right).

John

[email protected] password

I have a question.

In my admin paneel I see

[email protected] email address

I tried to delete this email but I can't (yes i can add a new email account, but this is not what I want)

Please help how can i change the password, because i can not access the mailbox of this email address. ([email protected])

Thank you.

thanks

Where exactly do you see this email? Is it a default email, where admin is your actual login into Directadmin panel? If so, you can not have a separate password for the email account, as it is a system account, not a virtual one.

Where exactly do you see this email? Is it a default email, where admin is your actual login into Directadmin panel? If so, you can not have a separate password for the email account, as it is a system account, not a virtual one.

here...
Untitled.png

Your domain is hosted under your main admin login for the server. It's a system account and cannot be changed except by changing the main admin account for the server. That's also why it can't be deleted.

What you can do, is set up a forward [email protected] -> [email protected]; then no email will be deliverred to that box.

Note that forwards work differently for system accounts (login names and admin) than they do for virtual email accounts. For system accounts if you set up a forward, no email will go to the main mailbox, but for virtual accounts email copies will go to both the account mailbox and the forward.

Jeff

Back