IMAP Problem

jodasi

Verified User
Hi there

Trying to put Squirrelmail running, until now with no sucess

Have followed the installation tutorial for imap, but i'm getting the following error on telnet test

[root@www ~]# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
imapd: error while loading shared libraries: libcom_err.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Connection closed by foreign host.

Any help is welcomed

I'm having an issue with imap as well but slightly different. I'm following the instructions for install Horde and it mentions installing C-Client which I did. That pretty much broke anything dealing with email on my server. I found another topic here that says DA uses a custom imap which goes against what the horde howto states.

I'm hoping someone from DA will step in and clarify what to do. having no email is not a good thing right now.

-drmike

Under centos,

Code:
rpm -q -f /usr/kerberos/lib/libcom_err.so.3
tells me that the file is owned by
Code:
krb5-libs-1.2.7-42
This is apparently the kerberos libraries which the imapd binary dynamically links with. You probably need to install this.

I don't see anything in the horde howto that says anything specific about the imap server that DA installs. The c-client libraries are required for imap support in php, but I don't believe that the imapd server links against them or would be affected by installing the c-client libraries in any way.

Make sure that inetd or xinetd is running, try the telnet to port 143 described here, test squirrelmail, check your logs, etc.

Back