Changing server IP problems

Jing

Verified User
I am following this guide here http://www.directadmin.com/change_ip.txt .

But I am stuck in switching all the accounts to a new server ip. I have switched all the users to the new ip. But in the IP configurations there, there is always 1 user that is still using the old ip. I have checked and re-checked for a lot of times and I am pretty sure every user in the server has been switch over to the new ip.

I have 19 users. In IP manager (admin) or IP Config (reseller), it shows that 19 users are on the new ip, and 1 more at the old one. Now this leads me to believe that the "20th" user here has to have something to do with my admin account.

And in Admin panel, the stats of the pro_user skin shows that I have 21 users with 23 domains. Is account admin considered as 2 users here, for admin and reseller? And how about the domains? All my 19 users are hosting only 1 domain each as shown on admin panel / reseller panel. Thus it should only be 20 including my admin domain? or am I missing something here?

Can someone help me here? I sent an email to DA, but I am thinking that since this is might not be their business hour, trying my luck here could be faster.

got a reply from John. thanks a lot!!

fyi, john asked me to proceed with the manual removal of the ip from the server. and as soon as I did it. My user number is back to the correct 19, and domain back to 20.

was this because I removed some accounts prior to the ip change, and the skin didn't update it or something?

I just did this as well, and my ip manger says that there is only 1 site useing the IP even though I checked and there are 7, what should i do?

-Barry

Hello,

If you *know* there are 7, just edit:

/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ips/1.2.3.4 and set value=7

John

Back