Squirrelmail from Ensim to DA

Whyti

Verified User
Hi,

I'm a Reseller on a Ensim-server but now I want to move my data from Squirrelmail to an other server with DA (and Squirrelmail)
Where can I find, as a reseller, the data of the users so I can download that and upload on my new server.

Can aneyone help me?

Thnx :)

That icon on the upper right that says 'Search'

There's a script that handles Ensim-to-DA transfers.

-drmike

Yes, I know!
But I'm a Reseller so I have not full acces to the server. So I can't run scripts like that...

What are you exactly looking for? For an way to completely transfer your customer's sites?

For that I'm currently working on a script, in it's current beta stage it isn't completely possible to run the script only on the backup tarballs from ensim backup. But for the final release you could run the script on the backup files from ensim and you get backup files for directadmin that you could restore.

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7710

Whyti, you will need ssh access to your current squirrelmail's data directory. If your running the same version of squirrelmail on both servers you can just copy the data directory to your new server replacing the original and it should work.

The one on Ensim is version 1.4.4 and the one on DA is 1.4.4 rc1
So it seems to be the same.

Yes, but one big problem, I'm a Reseller so I don't have really much permisions etc.

When I connect to the FTP-server I can find the following Folders.
Squirrelmail
squirrelmail-attachments
squirrelmail-data

In these folders, I see a lot of things, but in which folder I can find the real e-mails. Is the only thing I've to do, to copy those 3 folders?

I really don't know what to do... :confused:

I am not sure how ensim is set up, but at least in directadmin, the mail is stored in the users home directory. The only data stored in squirrelmail's data directory are preferences, address books etc.

From your original question, I thought that was all you were asking for (squirrelmail data).

Yes you're right.. but is it also possible to find a folder with the emails... that's the most important thing. So that customers don't lose their e-mail.

In directadmin mail is stored in /home/mail but as I said above, I don't know Ensims structure and where it stores it's mail

Back