Create new user timing out

eth72

Hi All,
I've never had problems creating new resellers up until a week ago, though it's been at least a few months since I've needed to do so... Everytime I create a new reseller with domain, it times out, and when I try to log in as that user, I get a message saying user.conf needs to be repaired.

When creating the user, the software appears to do everything - the /var/named/domain.db entry is there, the user is created, home directory set up, etc... My guess is that one part of the script it either lacks permissions, or something is going bad? Nonetheless, the domain won't work, I'm unable to log in as that user, nor recreate that user as they're already 95% set up it appears... They don't show up in the list either for me to delete... I have to manually remove the user, delete the directories, etc. before trying again...

I'm running Fedora RC2 and really don't mess around with my server... maybe a DA upgrade didn't go so well? Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks, Scott

Fixed

Not sure why, but I read elsewhere around here that the problem is caused by 'quota', and I had to update my kernel. Updated it through yum... Now I have new issues, not sure if related to it, but nonetheless, I can now create new users... Hope this helps if anyone else has the same problem with Fedora RC2

Scott

Just out of curiosity, what were the kernel versions? (what you were running and what you upgraded to)

Gee, I don't know... I pretty much installed Fedora 2 from the CDs back in October and let DA do the rest... What log files, or some other command can I issue to find out the previous and current version?

Back