Reseller Questions!

Integrity

Verified User
QUESTIONS:

• Why are the e-mails sent from ticket or scripts double spaced?
• Autoresponder – where does the e-mail go?
• Can NEOTECH links be removed? Or skinned?

ADMINISTRATION
• E-mail sent from TICKET is one hour ahead of my time. How can I fix this?
• TICKET time in DA is 8:20 ahead of my time. How can I fix this?
• TICKET “copy to external email” is not working. How can I fix this?
• On Reseller Admin, is the USER Panel of any use?
• If I create a Private Nameserver, will the TICKET System still work?
• What is the password effective character limit, 10 characters?

SITE-HELPER
• Can you set-up Site-Helper for USERS only for users only without any links to ADMIN, RESELLER or the FORUM? Forum has members that have links to their business. There would be some conflict of interest.

Hello,

email:

administration:
  • times used from the system time, which is set by whoever runs the server.
  • "TICKET “copy to external email” is not working. How can I fix this?" : Can you provide a bit more info, and use a new thread in either the troubleshooting or "how do i usertype" sections.
  • The user panel in the admin section is used if the admin wants to run his own domain through the same account.
  • Nameservers and the ticket sytems are completely independant, yes it will still work. Not sure why you would think it wouldn't.
  • passwords are maxed out at 64 characters.

Site-helper.
  • you are free to change the skins to use any help system you wish, you have permission to create your own based on our site-helper website.

John

Thank you for your reply John.

I did double post... sorry :(

I think what you have created here is really great! (superb!)
But I like to test all of DAs functionality so that I may understand it better. (Don't we all?) Better understanding means better support for my customers. Happy customers means more market share for DA. (yipee!)

I will clarify and re-phrase some of the questions here:

1) Double space email:
This happens to all my email scripts and also to the Autoresponder and Vacation response email. Could this be on the server settings?

2) TICKET CC to external email:
It is not sending out the CC email. This is also the case for the Autoresponder. Could this be related to question 1?

3) Server time:
Is there a plan to set the time for individual user? Vacation time setting is time critical and would need this feature.

4) Neotech Webmail:
How do I or can I change the skin? If so, do I need SSH access to do it? (Admin has turned this feature off)

5) Password:
I have passwords that are more than 10 characters but I could get access by typing just the first ten. Is this the default setting?

6) Name Server:
This stemmed from the email sent to user when it is created.
The FROM field references "[email protected] on behalf of [email protected]".
Would it reference my private nameserver instead if I use that feature? (which I have not done yet)... Can the Admin change this?

Also the Admin has given me a login name that I can't change. TICKET email sends a FROM field that references my login name (e.g. resxxxxxx) to the user which is confusing and may not be read.
Can the Admin change this? If not is it planned so that resellers can change this as well like the default email?

Your reply would sure be appreciated. :)

Integrity

Hello,

1/2) I'm not sure what's up with your email... I know the cc for the ticket system does work (without double spaces), so there is probably a setting either on the server or on your local machine that isn't right. If you send us your server info to [email protected] we can have a look.

3) Right now, we show the current server time to let the user know when the vacation message will be turned on. We could eventually create an offset which will make it easier for user to set the value.

4) You'll need root ssh access to change it. edit:
/var/www/html/webmail/inc/config.languages.php
and change the $default_theme index # to represent the index of the desired theme.

5) Ok, I've confirmed what you are saying. But when I changed my password, it then required the full password entered. I think the useradd might be limiting it .. this will have to be looked into.

6) You can change the "From" address to whatever you want, by chaning your email address in your User Stats/Logs email setting (User Panel).

The actual name can be changed to something else if I implement it in a future release, we'd just have to have a location where that information could be set.

John

John

Thank you for your fast response.

John

Regarding Question 6:
FYI regarding the email, I did set my "branded email" from the STATS page in user panel. New created accounts do get an email with my "branded email" in the FROM field but it still reflects the details as mentioned above when the email is "expanded" or clicked-on showing the details of the FROM field.

I usually use a 3rd party ticket system anyway and was just intrigued by DAs ticket system. It is not a big deal and I will continue to use my existing TICKET system for the moment.

I am sending you a link regarding the server (PHPinfo) info shortly in regards to email double spacing and CC problem.

Your unconditional dedication to your product is greatly appreciated. ;) Cpanel watch out!!

Integrity

Back