Problem with Zend Optimizer

rix

Verified User
Hello,

I'm having problem loading zend optimizer 2.1.0b for glibc2.1

I keep getting :
[Sat Oct 18 20:22:06 2003] [notice] child pid 10307 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Sat Oct 18 20:22:08 2003] [notice] child pid 10324 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I think it is due to glibc problem since im running redhat 9 with glibc 2.3. Is there any workaround to make zend optimizer running on my system ?

There have been a few people mentioning zend not workig on RedHat 9 systems. We have yet to figure out what's causing it, so if anyone has seen this and has a solution, please don't be shy! :)

John

Hello,

I've discovered that you can type:

php index.php

from ssh, and the zend files work fine. It only dies when running through apache, so it might be either how apache is compiled, or how php is compiled.. hmm

John

You might talk to the Whois.Cart guys.. I know they had this problem on one box and they found a solution...

I just compiled the latest version of PHP 4.3.4RC2 just to see if that happened to be the problem and it was not...

I'm trying to compile the php as static but the customapache script is building it to use DSO. I'm not sure this will work but worth a try.

I also notice that decoding a zend encoded file using command line works well but it apache it gives segmentation fault.

Also, php -m gives the result and at the end it gives segmentation fault too

My first advice would be to install glibc 2.3.2 and related libraries/compilers from source and not from RH packages.

http://www.gnu.org/directory/GNU/glibc.html

If someone can give this a go it would be a good first step. The issue we were running into with DA users wasn't related to zend optimizer, it was related to some kind of custom DA apache build. On this particular customer's box, rebuilding Apache from an official package had solved the problem.

Back