Inventory management software

modem

Verified User
Hello all,

I have a client that uses my webhosting services and they approached me the other day with a unique issue. They run their own small craft business and have just started to go online. Currently they are selling alot of items on eBay but want to migrate to their own website.

The husband has detailed that he wants the ability to have customers purchase items from their webpage, he wants to have me or his wife or someone make updates that appear immediately on the frontpage (like adveritsing a special or something). My feeling is to follow the K.I.S.S. princple with this meaning no FTPing (that would be horrendious on me) and just give the husband and his wife a simple http://www..../admin.php type of login area.

That way they can log in, use a straight web console area and manage their inventory, shopping cart, frontpage area, etc. Personally I do *NOT* have the time to code this, plus they do not have the finances to go out and drop $1000+ on fancy management software.

So that brings me to you guys... does anyone know of something that would fit this bill? They aren't the most computer literate people int he world, but they can use Quickbooks and basic softwar elike that.

Brad

There are a log of shopping cart scripts out there ranging from free to multi thousand $.
For example there's ecommerce for around $300 for a lifetime license, but that's one of the more expensive plans which you might not need all the extra topping.
hotscripts.com might have some
Searching google.com for shopping cart software returns a lot of results as well.

Back