Datausage Monitor

MaZZie

Verified User
I there anny DA tool that can display howmany data one directory make.

I have a BNC and Teamspeak server outside In the main directory of a user.
Or know anybody how I can display it in the normal stats?

I might not be understanding your question right, you just want the size of a directory (including subdirectories and files)?

You can use "du -h directory/" through ssh.
There isn't anything through DirectAdmin itself, if that's what your asking.

I just wanted to add that the DA File Manager has a column for "size" but for directories it's misleading as it's taken directly from the Unix/Linux "ls" command, and it's simply the size of the file that makes up the directory listing; it's not the aggregate size of the directory contents.

Jeff

I wanna know how mana datatraffic there is. Using the ip or dirrectory of a user

Perhaps a feature request for DirectAdmin's filemanager is to use "ls" for files and "du" for directories. That would be great.

MaZZie said:
I wanna know how mana datatraffic there is. Using the ip or dirrectory of a user

As far as I know, it's impossible to measure the usage caused by a specific directory, however it is possible to measure traffic on a server per ip allocated to the server.
I experimented with this once, but I can't find the files, nor the report about it... (which usually means it was going to be a pain in the *rse too much)

You can try creating a per ip counter in iptables, however you shouldn't as me, as I don't know the correct command at the time.

Back