Changin SMTP port from 25

Aziz

Verified User
Hi,

I looked at the topic:
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=961

Now I did that 25:27 thing, everything seems to work fine, but not for the administrator..

I can send emails to any user on the system, except administrators email accounts. The emails for sent to the administrator get returned as:

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 10): 550 authentication required

On the note, I can send emails from the administrator accounts.

Thanks for any help,

Peace,

In your email client have you specified that the outgoing mail server required authentication and entered a valid username/password?

jmstacey said:
In your email client have you specified that the outgoing mail server required authentication and entered a valid username/password?

I dont get it,

I am sending the email from GMAIL to the administrator: [email protected]

I do not think I have to change any settings i GMAIL do I?

It just gets returned as undelievered..

Thanks,
Aziz

You've got a mail configuration issue.

Do you have an email address [email protected]?

"authentication required" generally means that the system doesn't think the address is local to the system that's being asked to deliver the mail.

Jeff

jlasman said:
You've got a mail configuration issue.

Do you have an email address [email protected]?

"authentication required" generally means that the system doesn't think the address is local to the system that's being asked to deliver the mail.

Jeff

Yes it is setup. I also tried to remove the email and make it again, but the same thing occured.

Keep in mind that its only happeneing to the administrater account, resellers and users its ok!

How would I go on checking why the emails do not work, which files do I check?

Thanks alot,
Aziz

There are instructions in the Exim book I use (the one published by CambridgeAIT; not the one published by O'Reilly), for manually testing the server for a given email address.

You might want to search the web (or at least the exim.org site) for those instructions.

Jeff

Back