Forum woes

skolar

I have a question about setting up a forum for my next-gen website. Since phpBB isn't being supported any more, I've been thinking about going with SmallMachines forums. I'm wondering how to set it up and everything, or even if it is the right program to go with.

Any comments will be useful.

Skolar

Wrong forums and not really DirectAdmin related ;)

Where did you hear that phpBB is not being supported? If you meant not being developed, phpBB 2.0.x is not, because 2.2.x is comming (although it's been more than a year now)

Not being supported? They just released an update days ago. That said, go with what suits you. If you want a minimal board, I reccomend punbb, its basic but not bare, and easy to build around.

When I had to re-up my server and domain a few days ago I got a warning from directadmin that phpBB was no longer being supported or something. I just skimmed it because I couldn't get phpBB installed on my server.

I actually got a simple machines forum up and running about 3 hours after I posted. I was going to post that information in this thread, but I forgot. Thanks for the replys though.

Skolar

I've moved this thread to Off-Topic; it's NOT a How-To.

DirectAdmin has no connection with what runs under it; it's doubtful that DA itself notified you that phpBB is no longer being supported.

Perhaps your hosting company is no longer supporting it?

Jeff

Back