Centos OS 4.0 OUT ?

Shouldn't you be checking the CentOS site to find this out?

Or are you asking if DA is out for CentOS 4?

The last time I checked it was out as a beta release.

Jeff

I have installed DirectAdmin with Centos 4, works great with no reported problems. One thing I did prior to that was to disable sulinux just in case.

Sorry typo error, SELinux there is an option to disable SELinux when you are installing Centos 4

I did installed Centos OS 4.0 and it did install smooth but there is a one major bug . You cant create Mysql Database it give some client library error that means I've to uninstall my current Mysql version and than do a re-install of upgraded Mysql Version which is something I dont like to do.

So I've downgraded my server back to Centos 3.4, I guess I will wait for DA to officially announce the DA compaitable with Centos 4.0 as I've already updated them and they are on it.

Thanks

I've just got a respond from John and thats what he says ?

Hello,

==
I checked our binary.. and it seems to be working fine with mysql 4.1.11 ...

I checked your license and it was set to ES3. I've updated your license to ES4.. so try installing it now (you'll get new binaries). That might have been the original problem.

Thank you,

John
===

I will try installing Centos OS 4.0 today and let see what happends.

I think you create a reseller account with assign IP instead of shared IP, then go to the IP Assignment , click on that particular IP and change the owner to the reseller.

Installation went smooth , I didnt got the any errors .

But when I am restoring My MySQL database I am getting error like

Almost in every Mysql database I am getting

Duplicate column name

on every domain I've Mysql running and on each and every database restoring I am getting that error .

I dont know if its a Mysql error or DA error, but its very weird.

Works fine in 3.4 Centos but I dont know why not in 4.0

For such prob, you should really get support t help, maybe once they solved it, post it here so that others having the same problem can do a search.

Back