Centos 4 Tiny bug?

boonchuan

Verified User
I setup 3 DA Centos 4 server , all 3 using Raid 1 , notice a small bug, the quotas cant turn on initially, had to run directadmin fstab after the setup. Not a serious thing, just for you guys to keep a note. Or does it only happen to raid systems? I wonder.

It could also be something in your drivers. Are you using PATA, SATA or SCSI drives?

This is something that could be better discussed on the centos-users mailing list.

Personally I prefer to not use quotas; I'd rather by warned by DA of overages and charge for them, then have sites or email fail.

Jeff

It appears as if you're reporting a bug but not willing to give out any information about your configuration.

I was willing to ask on the CentOS list, but without configuration information, including driver information, I couldn't.

I won't have the time to do it now, but you can ask there yourself.

Jeff

Apologies, the raid cards are 3ware 9000 series , cant remember the actual number and high point 133.

You said you were using software RAID, but then you told us you had RAID cards.

So I'm not sure what you're writing about.

I suggest you post on the CentOS users list, as this appears to be something the CentOS folk would have to be involved in fixing.

It's not really DA related at all, since it happens before DA is installed.

Jeff

Did the CentOS install automatically turn on quotas? My CentOS installs don't.

Jeff

Back