DA Control Panel and firewall (proxy)

gof

Verified User
A relatively simple question I think someone more familiar with DA might be able to help with (or who's in contact with the DA developers!). I've got an account on a host thats starting to use DA.

I'm usually sitting behind a corporate firewall. As such, many of the odd ports are blocked. For example, I can't get to the Ensim panel at one of my hosts. Interestingly enough, the DA panel is on port 2222 and I CAN get to the login screen. Better still, I can put in my id and password and, by looking at the change in the URL, see that it did validate my login and places the domain in the URL string.

But that's where it ends. Instead of the control panel, I get the login box again in the main frame. So, does DA use additional ports for the sub panels? Does it use some other weird communication protocol rather than standard http requests? It feels like it's soooo close to working.

Hello,

The way the login works, is your login and password is "POST"ed to /CMD_LOGIN. If the username and password are valid, they are stored in a session along with your ip. That session id is sent to your browser in the response which is stored in a cookie. Each request after that, the cookie *must* be sent with that ID or else DA won't know you're logged in and will just show the login screen again. Also, the IP *must* remain constant for the session, or else the next request will fail (bump you to login screen)

That's it!

John

So it should work, except that the proxy might be using multiple source IP's as it pulls the source files (and images) for the resulting control panel. I wonder if I keep reloading it would work??

gof,
I was getting the same thing, and figured it out to be the proxy I was behind. The one that was giving me problems, was squid 2.3STABLE4. Luckily we also have the choice of a different proxy (Netscape 3.51), and it does work with DirectAdmin. I would guess you are using Squid. Don't know if later versions of Squid work.

Back