Does SSL cert install work in DA?

Arkansas

Verified User
Has anyone used the Direct Admin panel to INSTALL a purchased SSL certificate? It doesn't seen to work for me.

I was able to generate a CSR to send to ComodoGroup, where I got a certificate. But I was not able to install it through DA.

After going to User Panel > Advanced Tools > Install SSL Certificate > click button 'Paste a pre-generated certificate and key' > after Private Key info I pasted from text editor my new certificate and clicked SAVE (step 3 in DA site-helper docs). I get the DA message 'Could not execute your request' > DETAILS > 'Unable to find key'.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to install it (or some of it) manually in the appropriate directories using SSH > Command Line?

Thanks

Hello,

Make sure you have both the key and certificate in the window before you click "Save". They key and cert should look like:
Code:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----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-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----

So Make sure the actual key is on a different line than the "-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----" bit.

John

Thanks. I tried it again and found out why it couldn't find key. When I place my cursor on the line below RSA private key, and use the "Paste from Clipboard" function in DA, it deletes the RSA private key when it pastes in my certificate. (It does this if I have the default certificate highlighted or if I have deleted it and all that remains is the Private key).

So I did it again, leaving the private key there and pasting with CTRL-V instead of using DA's 'Paste from clipboard' function. NOW when I click on SAVE I get this error message: "Could not execute your request
Details
error using key: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch

The certificate and key do not match. Please ensure you are using the correct key with this certificate "

Again, has any DA user tried installing their SSL cert through DA? Does it work for you?

Hello,

That error is produced when the key and certificate used arn't a matching pair. If they were allowed apache would hang and a server reboot would send the kernel into panic mode :) (bad).. The key needs to be the exact same key used to when the csr was generated. It will be in the box, awaiting its certificate to be bought and pasted beside it. (Note on all admin accounts, it will provide the key with the csr and not paste it in the box).

So you need to find the key that was generated with the csr.

John

ssl

as a newbie i also have trouble install ssl , i dont know how to i tryed to follow some guide with directadmin ... but with no luck is there any one , who can help me ? i have bought a rapid ca and i would realley apriciate it a lot if i could get a idiotic secured guide on how to install ssl, with da or how ever if some admins could me i would preffer that cause i dont trust my self on setting ssl op with directadmin..

thanks !!!

I find the best guide to be at the Site-Helper site.

It's impossible to give you specific help because you havent told us any specific error, or even a link so we can see for ourselves. So we don't have any idea of what could be wrong.

Jeff

first thing first, when i try ssl in directadmin.conf to set to 1 instead off 0 and i reload directadmin it doesent come up with any errors how ever, i cant access my web panel after change ssl to 1 in directadmin do i need to change port 2222 also after setting ssl to 1 ?

yes i tryed that guide but sinces im very new to the ssl thing, i dont have experince at it in any ways :) so that guide doesent help me a lot also cause my english aitn very good when reading

Back