Php 4.3.11

boonchuan

Verified User
Will Directadmin release an auto update or do we need to update the PHP ourselves?

Software like Apache, Php, Perl, Exim, ... all needs to be updated by the admin. One good side effect of that way, is you don't have to install it, until you are sure there won't be any problems for the upgrade. The prefered method of upgrade is to
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
./build update
./build all
and follow all the prompts.

Normally yes, but every so often you might run into a glitch. Also, if you use any 3rd party tools like mmcache, you need to take extra steps to make sure thing work properly after updating php. Other than that, things usually are pretty smooth, I always do a build on my test machine before updating live sites, just to be on the safe side.

Normally my friends in the hosting industry always say if it is not spoilt , don't touch it , how true is it for the upgrade from 4.3.10 to 4.3.11? Crucial to update?

php is one of those things you really should update. Mostly because the latest versions contain security updates. You won't know it's broke until someone breaks into your server due to an unpatched application. Just read the Changelog and Release notes on the new version(s) and if they mention security update, it is a good idea to do the update, otherwise it is your call.

boonchuan said:
I have done the steps but php -v still gives me 4.3.10?

service httpd restart like the installer already told you to do :)

Are you sure you have downloaded the new phpversion + you have changed the php version in the 'build' file?

I just did all below
./build update
./build all

Anything I need to change?

boonchuan said:
I have done the steps but php -v still gives me 4.3.10?

php -v only reports on the cli version of php. Try creating a web page with a call to phpinfo() in it.

If that is reporting 4.3.10, then a few things to try, delete all the php files and directories in your customapache directory, then redo the build update and build all. If you are still seeing 4.3.10, make sure that the directory in customapache is 4.3.11, if it isn't then there is something else wrong with your build script.

Tried that it still give me 4.3.10

toml said:
php -v only reports on the cli version of php. Try creating a web page with a call to phpinfo() in it.

If that is reporting 4.3.10, then a few things to try, delete all the php files and directories in your customapache directory, then redo the build update and build all. If you are still seeing 4.3.10, make sure that the directory in customapache is 4.3.11, if it isn't then there is something else wrong with your build script.

boonchuan said:
Tried that it still give me 4.3.10

Are you sure your build script contains the version number 4.3.11? Did you check which php directory you have in your customapache directory?

Sure

#####################################################
# User Variables

APACHE_VER=1.3.33
MODSSL_VER=2.8.22
APACHE2_VER=2.0.52
PHP_VER=4.3.11
GD_VER=2.0.33
#CURL_VER=7.12.2
CURL_VER=7.13.0
ZLIB_VER=1.2.2
PNG_VER=1.2.8
FRONTPAGE_VER=1.6.1
MCRYPT_VER=2.5.7
MODPERL_FILE=mod_perl-1.0-current.tar.gz
MODPERL2_FILE=mod_perl-2.0-current.tar.gz
MODPERL_DIR=mod_perl-1.29
MODPERL2_DIR=modperl-2.0
MHASH_VER=0.9.1

Stupid me , the command should be

./build clean
./build update
./build php

When i ./build php
it show me
checking for CRYPTO_free in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: libcrypto not found!

and i vi the config.log file..
it say

configure:17440: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c -lcrypto -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err 1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcom_err
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 17429 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error. */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
char CRYPTO_free();

what can i do now@@?
thx..><

macross7ra said:
When i ./build php
it show me
checking for CRYPTO_free in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: libcrypto not found!

and i vi the config.log file..
it say

configure:17440: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c -lcrypto -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err 1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcom_err
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 17429 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error. */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
char CRYPTO_free();

what can i do now@@?
thx..><
you need to install openssl. How to do that depends on the OS distro you are using. If you use yum, try:
yum install openssl
yum install openssl-devel

Last edited:
Back