Force FAIL email

Integrity

Verified User
Hello again,

I have setup a catchall email and it works fine but I want to be able to FAIL certain email addresses. How do I do it?

In Cpanel I could setup a forwarder and type FAIL instead of an email address to forward it to.

I tried it with DA but it gives me an error. Is there something I'm missing here?

Is it possible to add a message to the fail? When I try it, it says that there is an error because there are spaces.

Adrian

Hello,

Not at the momment. The form checking will only let you use the standard commands, without extra messages.

John

I set a :fail: on a specific address and then sent an email to that address to test it. The mail was not delivered, but it didn't bounce either. Is this the correct behaviour?

I thought that :fail: bounced the message. If not, how do I set the message to bounce?

Adrian

the :fail I think is your blackhole, emails go in, get ignored, dropped and never come out :D

If I set :fail: on another control panel it bounces. That is also the behaviour of Exim, so shouldn't it be the same for DA?

Adrian

hm.... If its exim, there seem to be lots of problems with it lately or maybe it's me, try upgrading your exim to the latest if you dont already have it :)

Chris

Hello,

:fail: should bounce, :blackhole: should drop.

If it isn't bouncing, check the /var/log/exim/mainlog to see why.

John

Back