Welcome Email not going out

infra-greg

Verified User
Hi all

I thought I'd post here, as the company I re-sell from doesnt seem to be able to solve my problem.

I created an account for a client about 4 months ago, with no issues and the Welcome Email got sent out with no issues. In fact I sent it out another time just to make sure it worked. (The duplicate email to me also got sent out on all occassions.)

I created an account two days ago, with no issues, but no Welcome Email got sent out to the client or to me, the reseller.

I tried re-sending by no luck

I tried changing the email address to mine and re-sending but nothing

I tried re-sending via the initial account i set up 4 months ago but no luck.

looks like no emails are sent out at all...even though it says that the emai(s) got sent out successfully.

the guy who runs the server reckons its a DirectAdmin bug. I asked him about Exim (i have no idea what this is, just i noticed in the forums that it might help with email dramas), he had no response other than to say that I should pass onto him the server commands I want him to run and he'll give me the results. :eek:

I'm a bit of a newbie with this stuff and its driving me nuts not knowing how to solve this problem.

just an addition that might help: when i message thru the admin message system, its also meant to send out an email to my email address. this does not happen, although the message does go from admin panel to admin panel. So I suspect something is wrong with the email system somewhere. I say something and somewhere because I have no clue where or what these things actually are on the server :)

any ideas

thx everyone
greg

Last edited:
Wow - Greg, if you're a customer, you really need to find a more competant host.

The exim service probably needs to be restarted, else he needs to troubleshoot his server - pour over the logs, errors, etc and find the issue.

Leaving it to you to come up with "commands so he can echo the output" is ridiculous.

Joe

PS: Exim is the mail service daemon that DirectAdmin uses to send/receive email

We've been able to fix the issue on servers where we've seen it by:

installing the newest exim.conf and exim.pl files found here.

You may decide to either point the support staff at your hosting company to this post, or leave for another company; that would have to be your decision :) , but we don't see any reason to move if you don't have to.

Also, to your hosting company, or anyone else who does this, if you ever reinstall exim.conf you'll need to make changes to enable spamassassin, and changes to the "example.com" references, and then restart exim.

Jeff

Back