Ticket support problem

gavin101

Hi,

I'm a reseller - my first post in the forums! The ticket support system in direct admin works fine - e-mails sending between user and reseller are perfect apart from one thing.

When a user gets email notification that we (the reseller) has replied to a support ticket, the email's from field reads as my reseller userid name.

I'm not comfortable with my reseller userid being used in the notification email's from field - is there a way to change this in the reseller panel or will my Admin (the guys I bought the reseller space) have to do something at their end? Surely its a security risk to let my users know my reseller id??

Thanks!

Gavin

Hello

Ok, the server has been updated to version 1.96 ... where do I set the from email address for tickets I send to my clients? From the documentation, I can't see too much that mentions this sort of thing.

Thanks John,

That seems to be working fine. Now how about the same problem in the actual message system in DA? When the client
views the reply, it looks like:

------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: yet another test Today at 07:07
reply text goes here...

Cheers from Oz

Last edited:
Hi,

Any update on this? I only just noticed it's still a problem and it's very embarassing... can you fix this ASAP please John?

Much appreciated,
Matt :D

You need to be able to set who the email is from, i dont think that mail clients will like it if the email isnt from anyone.

An alternative for those who do use this, is to get your own 3rd party support centre :)

GREAT solution Mark,

If the package has a bug, use another package...

I like your sense of humour.

Ozzie

Back