PDA

View Full Version : "Power Reseller"

psycho
06-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Hey,
I am trying to think about a option to let a user an option to create resellers without having full access (like admin)
Which files you think I will need to edit?
user.conf?

I will need to build it as a plugin (3rd not built-in in the da code) right?

:/ Hmm.. Any idea's? some info about it? someone tried it before?

Thanks
guy.

jmstacey
06-03-2005, 06:43 PM
It might be better to just bump the user up to the reseller level since the way your suggesting/wanting todo would basicly require making of your own mini reseller/user level for DirectAdmin.

psycho
06-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by jmstacey
It might be better to just bump the user up to the reseller level since the way your suggesting/wanting todo would basicly require making of your own mini reseller/user level for DirectAdmin.
I "just" want to modify it and to allow a reseller to open resellers as Admin can.. but when he dont have access to add admins / control some very important settings

Still.. Any idea's? - I know it possible Cause I saw someone from israel that have done that.

:) Thanks

guy.

WildFyre
06-10-2005, 07:18 AM
you COULD add the user as admin, and edit a skin and cut out all the privelages you wouldn't want the user to have. I don't believe that an admin (in SSH) has any more privelages then a reseller/user.

I wouldn't recommend this, but just a quick suggestion.

psycho
06-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by WildFyre
you COULD add the user as admin, and edit a skin and cut out all the privelages you wouldn't want the user to have. I don't believe that an admin (in SSH) has any more privelages then a reseller/user.

I wouldn't recommend this, but just a quick suggestion.
Thanks for the idea
but I found an another one :)

Thanks anyway

Nizar
07-29-2005, 10:21 AM
psycho, can u tell me please what technique have u used ?